Destiny, step into your purpose by TD Jakes is such a great book. In the month of January 2019, I read the book, and I can tell you that I was so inspired to do more with my life reading the book. Usually, I write lessons I learn from each book I read as a blog post. For this book, I really did try to keep up writing out all the lessons I learned. But each page of the book contained punch lines, deep lessons to be learned, I really couldn’t keep up writing out all the lessons I learned, as it will mean I am writing the book all over again (winks).
Though I still was able to write down some lessons from the book, and I can tell you, you will be inspired by them. Here they are!
Lessons from the book Destiny, step into your purpose by TD Jakes
- Destiny is in the seed of the word delivered to you by God. It is in you! Destiny is found, it is not stumbled upon, and it is not a thing of luck. It is what you prepare for, it is an adventure.
- The way to show that you are ready for destiny is that you prepare for it.
- You need exposure and information to achieve destiny. Exposure simply means learning what you can, with what you can, to reach new areas and try things out.
- Destiny is not magic, neither is it automatic. It starts by beckoning your heart to certain things, learning new things, connecting with certain people. By responding to such nudges, you are saying YES to destiny call!
- For you to get yourself into thinking possibilities, you need the right association, the right environment and you need to see the right things. Destiny means being at the right place at the right time, and doing the right things.
- The power of the right relationships in your life is enormous. You need to have the right relationships to fulfill destiny.
More lessons from the book
- Apart from bringing you into new relationships, destiny will require that some things will die in your life. Be ready to develop a tough skin to fulfill destiny.
- Purpose is like a ball it’s the tool you have, it’s the talent you have, to play in a field called DESTINY. Destiny is an open field for exploration, EXPLORE!
- To experience more with your life, do not allow anything to cage you. The world system will always want to cage you at the comfort zone, to a place of mere survival. But you need to find your “more” and do it, to thrive and fulfill destiny.
- “More” is different for everyone. It is a longing/desire to be more and do more with your life. It is what calls us into being all God created us to be.
- More means hard work, tougher work, and more self-discipline.
- Do not ever be envious about others on your journey into destiny, rather, face your lane, emulate good things from others and work your own work.
10. On your journey into destiny, you cannot have time for everybody. Organize your life well, avoid distractions.
- Distractions is not even an excuse not to fulfil destiny.
- You don’t have all the time to live on earth. Use your youthful time wisely.
What more can I say? You really need to get and read this book- Destiny, step into your purpose by TD Jakes. You can check any book store around you to get a copy of the book or check on Amazon.com.