I learned so much reading the book, Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill. Interestingly, the book title sounded more like ”Ways to make money” by deploying the mind fully to use. Whilst this is the clear aim of the book, the author takes us through a deep dive into personal development and gaining mastery of the mind to utilize it for our benefit. The main lesson I learned from the book is that growing rich has a lot to do with the way we think.
As my usual practice is, whenever I finish reading a book, I share the lessons I learned in the book review section of my blog. And today, I have up here, lessons I learned from the book : Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill.
20 Inspiring Lessons from the Book Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill
- Only those who become money conscious can ever accumulate great riches.
- To grow, look up for new opportunities. So also, to create wealth, you need to be able to see opportunities. Usually, opportunities come in the disguised form as a failure or temporary defeat.
- Self-confidence and faith is the way to develop any vision. To succeed in life, you need to create a mental picture of who you want to become.
- Your idea in life must be aimed at solving definite human problems.
- The way to accumulating riches is by consistently delivering value.
- Creating wealth is a mindset, it is an attitude.
- The principle of persistence is the principle of taking continuous action.
- Nothing is impossible, if only you try.
- You need a burning desire to succeed in life.
- Making money is not a wishful exercise. It first starts with a strong desire and then an action plan to follow through.
- You need constant inspiration to create wealth. Inspiration comes from: The Subconscious mind, Infinite knowledge, Other people’s thought, Other people’s subconscious storehouse.
- The principle of Autosuggestion states that any desire you persistently hope in your mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining to the object.
- Herb Kelleher advice to success minded people are:
- Stick to your ideas
- Think of what the customers want and then give it to them
- Overcome obstacles put in your path by taking positive steps to break them down
- Be open to new opportunities and when they arise, take positive steps to meet them.
- Thoughts + Purpose+ Persistence = Riches.
- Faith is what you keep feeding your mind with repeatedly. Faith is developed voluntarily.
- The six steps outlined in the book on how to transmit desire to wealth are :
- Fix your mind on the exact amount of money you desire
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire
- Establish a finite date when you intend to possess the money you desire
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once
- Write out a clear concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire.
- Read your written statement aloud twice, daily, once just before retiring at night and once after rising in the morning.
- To create wealth, you need to be knowledgeable.
- Pursuing your dreams and goals makes you attractive to others.
- To truly attain to anything great in life, you need to have and keep a great positive company. These can be role models, mentors, friends, and even family members.
- Creating wealth takes time, and a lot of patience not to quit.
You sure must have been inspired by this post to read the book, Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill. To get a copy of the book, you can check any book store around you or check on Amazon.com.