Recently, I got into a conversation with a colleague. We talked everything from Family, Career, God, Personal Development and Goals. It was such a beautiful time of conversing. At the end of our discussion, I realised that most of the things we were experiencing were the same. We both wanted more for our lives. We were experiencing a void that we needed to be full. We knew God, but then, we wanted to be at the centre of his will for our lives.
I won’t bore you with the details of our conversation, but I will share some light bulb moments I had while we were talking and I hope that you learn a thing or two from it.
We talked about our faith walk, Jesus connection and how much we wanted to be at the centre of his will for our lives. The truth is that this desire is good, and even as we feel like we are the ones chasing after God, he is the one chasing after us. To strengthen your walk with God, you can do the following;
- Schedule a time where we commune with God daily. This could be for just 30 minutes. Simply choose what works for you
- Get into a good Christian circle. You can connect with people of like mind in the faith, either offline or online
- Feed your spirit by listening to Christian messages, reading books, and keeping a fervent walk with the Holy Spirit
While we were discussing, we talked about our various job duties. We don’t work in the same department at work, but we realised that one thing stood out for growing on your job role. And that is- the desire to always learn by asking the right questions. We talked about how we would strategise to seek wisdom by doing more online research in our job fields and also speaking to our directors when we needed clarification on certain issues. Always remember, that whoever asks, will have answers.
This one was big in our heart. We wanted to be sure that we were living out Gods’ purpose at this stage of our lives. Interestingly, we weren’t doing badly, we had some desires/ goals which we hadn’t taken action on. We both were waiting to have some deep inner push to be sure we were doing the right thing. We didn’t want to hear an audible voice, but somehow, that’s what we were expecting. In the end, we both realised that God actually wanted us to take action with the little details he had given to us. He wanted us to start taking those steps regardless of how unqualified we felt for such assignments.
Lessons from our discussion
- Stop waiting to have the full details before taking action on what you want to do
- The best way to learn is to ask questions
- Push yourself beyond your comfort zone, there is still much more that you can do
- Cultivate your relationship with God daily by fellowshipping with him
- There is no better time to start taking steps on your vision than now
Thank you for reading this post. I am Olawunmi Adegoke, and I am very passionate about helping people live their best lives. If you would like to speak with me on any issue bothering your heart, please reach out to me: email@example.com. I would be most glad to be of help to you.